D5 Converter - 3ds Max Link Plugin
Supported Versions: 3ds Max 2017 - 3ds Max 2021 versions (2020 and above versions are highly recommended)
V-Ray 3.6 for 3ds Max or higher must be installed.
You can download the latest version on the official website, or download from the Welcome Page > Workflow.
After the download is complete double-click the .exe file and follow the steps to install D5 Converter - 3ds Max
Launch the D5 renderer with a single click of
button and establish a connection with the current model in 3ds Max.
button to turn off sync and disconnect D5 Render from the current model.
- OK: Create a new empty .drs scene and import the current .max file to establish a connection with D5 Render.
- Select file: associate the current .max file in 3ds Max with the model file in the existing .drs scene.
When a model file already exists in D5 Render, the first time you synchronize it, you need to connect the synchronized model to an existing model in the resource list or create a new model.
button to Sync. Laod model files faster by syncing the current model and corresponding materials with incremental updates. Suitable for changing materials and models with the synchronization function when adjusting details.
to turn on viewport sync to synchronize the current viewport of 3ds Max with the view of D5 Render
to turn off viewport sync and disconnect viewpoint sync between 3ds Max and D5 Render.
One-click synchronization of 3ds Max standard camera and V-Ray camera to D5 Render scene list.
Click the Sync Light
button to sync the light type (point, spot, strip, area), light position, and area/strip size parameters of the current V-Ray or Corona lights in 3ds Max to D5 Render.
- D5 Render can not directly load the .max file. You can use the D5 converter - 3ds Max to convert max file into .d5a file which can be directly imported into D5 Render.
- Support exporting model files in .skp format for importing into SketchUp and D5 Render.
- Support fast optimization of surface
Support setting mapping resolution up to 4K when syncing and exporting d5a format files.