Welcome to D5 Render. Here you can find help documentation and instructions for using D5 Render and the various workflow plugins.
If you are just getting started, you can take a look at the brief introduction below, or use "Search" to find the content you are looking for.
- Importing models can be done from the "Welcome Page" or by using the "Workflow Plugin". Of course, new models can also be added in the scene interface.
- You can switch between different Navigation modes in the upper right corner of the main interface, move by the right mouse button and scroll wheel. In fly mode, you can use the WASD keys on the keyboard to move.
- The parameters related to environment effects are in the right sidebar, divided into three sections: sky, weather, and effects. Materials and models can also be adjusted here. Using the different tools in the upper left corner, different objects or materials will appear automatically when selected.
- From the navigation bar, you can open the Assets library, materials, models, and particle materials can be used directly after download.
- Enter rendering mode via the navigation bar button in the upper right corner of the main interface and select images, panoramas, or videos to render, or add them to the render queue for automatic batch processing.
The minimum GPU that can run D5 Render is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB.
Recommended configurations are NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 or higher, or Quadro RTX series graphics cards.
Also, D5 rendering pipeline is based on DX12 and DXR. Therefore, your computer system needs to be Windows 10 and version 1809 or higher, and a graphics driver of Nvidia 471.68 or higher is recommended.
It is recommended that you upgrade your graphics card driver to the latest version.
A configuration check is performed at the first launch of the software to ensure that the hardware and system configuration is up to standard for a smooth rendering experience.
D5 Render can load these file formats directly:
- .d5a (D5 render): D5 Render model format
- .skp (SketchUp): SketchUp 2017 and higher
- .3dm (Rhino): Rhino 6.5 and higher
- .fbx: supports reading model data, does not include material information.
- .abc: only supports importing .abc files into the project scene.
If you use other modeling software, you can use the workflow plugins to import models into D5 Render.
- Check the model surface orientation, make sure the model face normals are oriented correctly, surface rendering with reversed normals may be incorrect.
- Please make sure the model is complete, try not to have broken or overlapping surfaces in the camera to avoid rendering problems.
- The UV coordinates of the model are important, try to organize them well before importing them into D5. After importing into D5, you can also do stretching, offsetting, rotating, tri-planar mapping, etc. on the textures' UVs.