Education Version FAQs

Key words: D5 Account & Purchase | EDU

D5 for Education: Application Guide

  • How to apply for the Educational License?

  1. Open D5 Render (version 2.7 or above).

  1. Log in or Sign up for your D5 account, ensuring that it is in Community status.

  1. Open the personal panel and click Get D5 for Education to begin the application process. Before starting the application, please verify that the device binding is accurate.

  1. Fill in the requested information and submit your application. The approval result will be sent to you via email within 7 working days.

  • How to use the Educational License?

  1. Upon approval, you will receive a notification email (please check your spam folder as well).

  2. Log in to D5 Render again to begin using the educational version.

  3. Note: The educational license is tied to the device used during the application process. It can only be utilized on that specific device and cannot be unbound or transferred during the validity period.

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What's the difference between D5 Pro and D5 for Education?

D5 for Education is free of charge, and offers most valuable features and assets exclusive to D5 Pro (excluding AI updates post 2.7). You can output renderings without any watermarks. It is a fixed-seat license, which means your Edu account is limited to only one particular computer. Please note that the D5 educational license is only available for educational and research purposes.

  1. How do I qualify for a educational license?

The D5 educational license is accessible to full-time students, faculty members, and education administrators affiliated with universities or officially recognized educational institutions, including community colleges, vocational/training colleges, and professional schools. To qualify for this license, you must provide evidence of your current academic enrollment or employment, so be sure to apply using your academic email address.

Required documentations for student, e.g.:

  • Student ID card (or equivalent document if there is no ID card in your university)

  • Proof letter with your university letterhead verifying your enrollment status

  • Transcript of records (only required for students who are unable to provide a proof letter)

Required documentations for educator, e.g.:

  • Photo or scan of school ID indicating teaching status

  • Photo or scan of a license/certification indicating teaching qualification

  • Photo or scan showing employment status at your university/educational institution

  • Document proving an organization’s status as a government recognized educational institution

The proof document must have:

  • The issuance date (no older than three months)

  • Your full name

  • The name of your university or educational institution

  1. How long does the Educational License last?

It's valid for 180 days. You can renew it by applying again after it expires if you still meet the requirements then.

  1. Why can’t my account apply for the Educational License?

Please note that only a D5 Community account can apply for D5 educational license. To check whether you account is D5 Pro (subscribed or gifted), visit MySpace > Subscription.

  1. Who is not eligible for the Education Plan?

  • Course participants at training centers and retraining programs: As training centers and retraining programs are not qualified educational institutions, users attending such courses are therefore not eligible for the Education plan. For short-term use, you can sign up for a free 3-day trial.

  • Professional instructors: Professional instructors and freelancers who work for an Authorized Training Center, a D5 reseller, or an independent training provider are not eligible for the Education plan. You may be able to purchase D5 subscription or access one belonging to an organization you're employed by.

Last updated